Graduate Student Committee
THEN/HiER’s Anglophone Graduate Student Committee was created to connect graduate students in English-speaking Canada who are interested in issues related to the teaching and learning of history and history education.
This focus on history education can be broadly defined to include modes and sites of memory, remembrance, heritage, and schooling both in formal settings and informal sites of learning.
Click here for Le comité des étudiants francophones des cycles supérieurs.
Want to get involved?
Interested in being a part of THEN/HiER's Graduate Student Committee? Here are theTop Five Reasons you should become involved, and expectations for committee members. If you are interested, please contact Heather McGregor.
- Teaching the Past Blog / Enseigner l'histoire Blog
- Graduate Student Projects and Visiting Doctoral Student Program
- Looking for funding? Click here to find your scholarship
- Graduate Student Resources! Resources for TAs, calls for papers, links to jobs/fellowships
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @thenhier
News & Links of Interest:
- Are you a historian looking for work? Check out the Careers for Historians website!
- Want to contribute to an online History magazine? History Workshop Online needs contributors
- Want to get published? Check out journal just for grad students Madison Historical Review
- Want to blog or publish web essays? Follow recommendations from Sean Kheraj Best Practices for writing history on the web
- Juno Beach Centre Fellowship Program (deadline Mar 31, 2015)
- PhD Award in Women's History (deadline Mar 24, 2015)