Graduate Student Committee
Who We Are:
THEN/HiER’s Anglophone Graduate Student Committee was created to connect graduate students in English-speaking Canada who are interested in issues related to the teaching and learning of history and history education. This focus on history education can be broadly defined to include modes and sites of memory, remembrance, heritage, and schooling both in formal settings and informal sites of learning. Click here for Le comité des étudiants francophones des cycles supérieurs.
Become a member to receive THEN/HiER’s monthly newsletter, to contribute comments to our blog, and post news, events, videos and podcasts on the site. Visit this page monthly for new opportunities to participate in projects initiated by the Graduate Student Committee.
- Graduate Student Resources! Resources for Teaching Assistants, calls for papers, and links to jobs and fellowships.
- Looking for funding? Click here to find your scholarship!
- Check out the Graduate Professional Certificate Program in Cultural Heritage Studies
- We are looking to expand! In particular we are looking for representatives in, or from, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, and Yukon. Email Kate Zankowicz for details.
- Teaching the Past Blog
- Enseigner l'histoire Blog
- Graduate Student Projects and Visiting Doctoral Student Programs
News & Links of Interest:
- Northwest Territories: The Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Center, in cooperation with other partners, recently launched The Berger Inquiry Educational Resource Archive. Original photographs, audio recordings of Inquiry participants and the Inquiry film can be found here.
- Prince Edward Island: The curriculum materials for Grade 3 Social Studies can be found in the Education Learning Commons at the University of Prince Edward Island
- Yukon: Yukon Historical Audio Walking Tours
- Find out more about doctoral scholarships for the PhD programme in History (Lisbon, Portugal) here (click on the flags at top right for other languages).
- New Scholar Travel Grants are available through Network in Canadian History and Environment (NICHE). For more information on travel funding, click here.
- Are you a historian looking for work? Check out the Careers for Historians website !
- Are you a graduate student with an outstanding paper? Check out the AERA Teaching History SIG award!
- The Editorial Board of the Journal of Women’s History is proud to announce the second biennial prize for the best article manuscript in the field of women’s history authored by a graduate student. Learn more here.
- The call for papers deadline for the 14th International Conference of the Graduate Student Association of the Historical Sciences Department of Université Laval is November 22. Learn more here.
- Learn more about Graduate Scholarships in History at the Central European University here.
Contact Kate Zankowicz to post an event for your province.
Anglophone Committee Members: